B4: Critical Issues for Authors and Reviews
Critical Issues for Authors and Reviews
The session will begin with a presentation on what papers have the best chance to get accepted in high- impact journals, followed by practical advice on how to write a good paper, what the top reasons for rejections are, how to write a great review and how to write highly cited papers using multicenter registries. The ever-increasing power of social media will be discussed, with a panel discussion. The audience is encouraged to come prepared with questions about the journals, submissions and publication processes.
This course was presented at VAM2019.
- What Papers Have the Best Chance to Get Accepted in High Impact Journals?: Peter Gloviczki, MD
- Practical Advice for Authors: How to Write an Effective Paper: Philippe Kolh, MD, PhD
- Top Reasons Why Manuscripts Get Rejected: Melina Kibbe, MD
- Practical Advice for Peer Reviewers: How to Write an Effective Review: Peter Lawrence, MD
- The Power of Multicenter Registries: How to Write Highly Cited Papers?: Marc Schermerhorn, MD
- The Power of Social Media – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, PlumX, and YouTube: Paul DiMuzio, MD, MBA
- Understand what papers have the best chance to get accepted (or rejected) by high-impact journals.
- Review the important elements needed for a successful and highly cited manuscript, as well as an effective review of a scientific paper.
- Learn how to promote articles on multiple social media platforms, and follow important peer-reviewed resources for the most up-to-date research.