C3: Redo Lower Extremity Revascularization: Challenges & Optimizing Results
This session will review the challenges and results of redo lower extremity revascularization. The audience will learn to recognize how endovascular, open and hybrid surgical approaches differ for redo lower extremity revascularization, focusing on limb preservation and preventing complications. In addition, short- and long-term outcomes of alternate conduits for redo revascularization will be addressed, along with best practices and post-procedural strategies aimed at limb preservation.
This program is recommended by the Community Practice Committee and the Young Surgeons Committee.
This course was presented at VAM2019.
- Defining Scope and Challenges with Redo Lower Extremity Revascularization: Matthew Menard, MD
- Role for Alternate Inflow and Outflow: Technical Details: Neal Barshes, MD
- Conduits Other than GSV, and Results for Lower Extremity Redo Bypass Procedures: Robyn Macsata, MD
- Failed Primary Procedure (Open/Endo): Results of Redo Revascularization with Endovascular Therapy: Carlos Bechara, MD
- Managing Hostile Groin: Muscle Flaps and Role for Prophylactic Vacuum-assisted Wound Closure: Vincent Rowe, MD
- Best Practices and Post-Procedure Management Strategies for Redo Lower Extremity Revascularization: Jean Starr, MD
- Assess the scope of the problem, technical details and complexities of redo lower extremity revascularization.
- Review the evolution of open, endovascular and hybrid techniques in redo revascularization.
- Understand the limitations of treatment options for redo lower extremity revascularization.