C6: Alternative Career Paths for the Vascular Surgeon
This activity is recommended by the Young Surgeons Committee.
This activity was presented at VAM2019.
This activity will focus on the seasoned vascular surgeon who wishes to slow his work schedule to maximize work-life balance, but remain active in selected areas of expertise within his/her practice. Existing models and policies developed at various institutions to address this issue will be discussed. The discussion will focus on alternative career paths for the seasoned vascular surgeon.
- The Seasoned Vascular Surgeon: A Strategy for Phasing Out Eroding Skills while Maintaining a Competent Skill Set: Daniel Clair, MD
- Value of the Seasoned Vascular Surgeon to an Academic or Community Group: John Ricotta, MD
- Vascular Surgeons: Industry Consultant/Proctor/Speaker: Frank Arko, MD
- Transition from Clinical Surgery to Chief Medical/Surgical Officer: Walter Peters, MD
- A Seasoned Vascular Surgeon's Value in Healthcare Administration: Kenneth Ouriel, MD
- Panel Discussion
- Understand the positive contributions that can be made by a seasoned vascular surgeon to a vascular surgery group.
- Discuss alternative career paths for the seasoned vascular surgeon.
- Review existing policies and models for accommodating the seasoned vascular surgeon.