Invited Session 6: Enhancing Wellness in Times of Chaos
Enhancing Wellness in Times of Chaos
This activity was presented at VAM2020.
- The Role for Surgical Coaching to Enhance Wellness: Jeffrey M. Smith, MD
- Institutional Wellness Initiatives: Julie A. Freischlag, MD
- Government/Policy Challenges and Initiatives: Margaret C. Tracci, MD
- Recognize the wellness benefits of surgeon coaching, alongside an overview of the novel SVS Member Support Program.
- Discuss the evidence for existing institutional wellness initiatives/programs to disseminate best practices for membership to bring back to their respective centers as agents for advocacy and culture change.
- Identify active Task Force and Societal responses to system-level challenges faced by vascular surgeons that encompass brand, perceived value, and administrative burdens.