P5: Update on Local Wound Care for Venous Stasis Disease
This session is designed to educate the practitioner on new technology and research in limb preservation. The course will focus on multidisciplinary teams addressing all aspects of chronic limb-threatening ischemia, with emphasis placed on controversies in the field.
This program is in collaboration with the American Podiatric Medical Association, and is recommended by the Community Practice Committee.
This course was presented at VAM2019.
- Update on Local Wound Care for Venous Stasis Disease: James McGuire, DPM
- Vascular Intervention for Venous Disease - Deep: Steven Abramowitz
- Is Lymphedema Playing a Role? Surgical Intervention for Lymphedema?: Damon Cooney, MD, PhD
- Key Components of a Multidisciplinary Limb Preservation Team: Caitlin Hicks, MD
- Timing of Surgical Intervention for the Diabetic Foot: Who Goes First?: John Steinberg, DPM
- Emerging Wound Care Technology – Stem Cell Therapy: Michael Murphy, MD
- The Role of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy – When to Use It, and Who Qualifies?: Grace Wang, MD
- Current Considerations on Partial Foot and Lower Limb Amputation Levels: Douglas Smith, MD
- Does Frailty Have a Role in Patient Selection for Limb Salvage?: Benjamin Brooke, MD
- Vascular Intervention for Venous Disease - Superficial: Eric Hager, MD
- Debate 1: What to Do When Single-Segment GSV is Unavailable? PTFE/dVP: Richard Neville, MD
- Debate 1: What to Do When Single-Segment GSV is Unavailable? Arm Vein/Spliced Vein: Thomas Reifsnyder, MD
- Debate 2: Amputation: Early Amputation is Associated with Improved Functional Outcome Compared to Prolonged Wound Care: Jacob Wynes, MS
- Debate 2: Amputation: Kick the Can Down the Road - Few Patients Ambulate after a Major Amputation: Andrew Meyr, DPM
- Debate 3: Interventions for Tibial CTOs - Endo: Johnathon Rollo, MD
- Debate 3: Interventions for Tibial CTOs - Open: Caitlin Hicks, MD
- Understand the benefit of a multidisciplinary approach to healing wounds and preventing amputation.
- Recognize the components of a multidisciplinary limb preservation team, and how to form such within differing institutions.
- Learn specific techniques and tips for wound healing, amputation and revascularization.