P6: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Open Operative Techniques by the Masters
This program is recommended by the Young Surgeons Committee.
This course was presented at VAM2019.
- Carotid Endarterectomy with Path Closure is the Gold Standard: Norman Hertzer, MD
- Eversion Endarterectomy is Safe, Simple, and Durable: Thomas Riles, MD
- Intraopereative Evaluation of Neurologic Function and Carotid Patency: Wesley Moore, MD
- Vertebral Artery Revascularization: Ramon Berguer, MD
- Exposure, Clamp Location and Renal Reconstruction in Complex Suprarenal/Thoraco-abdominal Aortic Pathologies: Richard Cambria, MD
- Mesentric Bypass and Visceral Endarterectomy for Occlusive Disease: Kenneth Cherry, MD
- In-situ Bypass is Preferable for Lowewr Extremity Revascularization: Dhiraj Shah, MD
- Reversed Saphenous Vein Conduit Bypass with Angioscopy Gives the Best Results: Frank Veith, MD
- Spliced Vein Techniques, Alternative Conduits and Intraoperative Assessment: Joseph Mills, MD
- Understand the technical details of carotid and vertebral operations to improve patient outcomes.
- Appreciate the evolution of techniques in bypass surgery.
- Review the essential steps for complex aortic surgery.